Friday, June 4, 2010

ON FUMES

Well you know how I explained that money is like water in my open flat hands.Yeah, well, I had a little budgeting SNAFU a few weeks ago and am still trying to recover. So yesterday I cleaned out my active checking account of $2.00 raided my piggy bank and my penny jar for another 2.50 and armed with four dollars and fifty cents went to gas up my SUV where the needle was already below the empty line. Surprisingly, this was enough cash to raise the needle to the first line. I was pretty sure this was not enough gas since getting to the Castle in Resortport is 65 or so miles away. However I keep an account out there that I am not supposed to touch. It is deliberately far away to stave of too much misappropriation of funds and for the most part it works. Because God loves me, even though the gas light came on just past plastic ville approximately 15 miles from my home, I was able to get all the way to Resortport to steal cash (from myself) for the gassing of my car. We got safely to the Kettles and enjoyed some time with them before I had to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment