Friday, July 9, 2010

What a week

So last week i got in some trouble at work where I was reprimanded for tardiness this right before the holiday weekend so what happens on the 5th at 1pm princess pie hops off the couch and yes you guessed it broke her right big toe the poor little muffin. So it was off to the ER 2 hours before I was supposed be at work and not late. ARRRGH!!! An interesting thing happened when we got there and were triaged. I explained I was a nurse Scheduled to work that day at 3pm. The triage nurse responded oh well in that case I'll have the order for an x-ray put in now so when she's seen the films will be ready. Naturally I was very grateful but I couldn't help thinking wouldn't it be more time and therefore more cost effective to do that as a rule. However, with the brain editor in full working mode, I managed not to say that, lest she change her mind. When Princess pie was eventually seen indeed she had fractured her R big toe and got a temporary cast and a lolly pop for she was a very brave and good Little girl. I had updated Riah who God bless her still took Princess pie broken toe and all. And I got to work @4:15. Of coarse I brought with me appropriate documentation to protect my job. The next costly mini crisis this week was the loss of my cell phone I had it Tuesday night to show pix of PP in her temp cast now it is gone It's not at work or in the car or at the house it's not in the parking lot at work a replacement was $130 with insurance so irritating!!! I am currently waiting for that to arrive any minute but that is why there is no pic of PP at the ER in her temp cast. Because God Blesses us so much it was only her toe that was broken not her foot so no cast was required. Here in New England we have had record temps around 100 degrees Fahrenheit no cast in this heat means that it is still okay to play in the pool. Most importantly her Faerie Princess Pirate Party is saved and she wont be in a cast for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment