Thursday, July 29, 2010

The things we do

You know every so often I look at my finances and say I should be doing so much better than this and resolve to be more frugal. However it always seems to be temporary correction like the alcoholic who after a bender vows to never do it again... Until the next time.
Here's what happens I get an idea in my head and the I don't just want to bring it to fruition it seems to become a compulsion or even an obsession it could even develop a life of it's own. Home depot and Walmart see me coming and $$ light up their eyes. Perhaps Frankenstein was not an inappropriate nick name that I suffered as a youth. Perhaps it was a self fulfilling prophesy. Anyway one time I had a storage issue. I have 2 cats and had no good place for a cat box in the apartment I was in. As such it was at the far end of the hall next to the bathroom. I got it in my head that I wanted to build a castle to house the cat box and its sundry supplies. So it was it turned out to be a really fun thing I put some packets of charcoal to absorb odors and the thing had 4 turrets 2 windows and a draw bridge.It stood about 5 feet tall. The cat box was on the bottom and there was an appropriate storage shelf above sufficient to house all the necessary supplies. Chantmeister, always the clever one suggested that spray paint that looks like granite I had a piece of flannel that was sky blue with clouds on it it looked so cute at the end of the hall. However it was really standing in obscurity. When we moved from pleasentville to snufifufu town our apartment was much smaller and the kitty castle was right in the corner of the living room people would ask why do you have a castle in your corner? well, me being me, I would have to explain my little royal kitties needed a throne and where better to house one than a castle. Terrible, I know, I can't help it.
There are a myriad of other stories that follow the same pattern sadly in varying states of completion. So, the resolution: Use an empty journal to write in new ideas and plans and complete all current projects prior to beginning new ones.
Isn't it amusing that the tasks that are often the most daunting can be communicated in a simple sentence

No comments:

Post a Comment